Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mini Boo Banner

Today I want to quickly share with you a little banner I've made for Halloween.  It's not a huge one; in fact, it only measures about 18" across as it's photographed.  The letters could be separated more but I think it would look a bit awkward.

The base circles that the rosettes and letters sit upon were cut at 4.5" using Cricut Elegant Edges.  I decided to offset the shadow layer rather than lining up the scallops.....just to be different.  I like the effect and will probably use it again for more projects.  The letters were cut at 2.25" using Cricut Old West.  I really like that cartridge although I've not used it as often as I should.  

For loads of dimension, I added rosettes to each of the circles.  I scored at half an inch for the folds in the rosettes so they would be super tall.  Pop dots were used to mount the letters onto their shadows.  Tim Holtz distress inks in Walnut Stain and Spiced Marmalade were used.

Originally I had intended to list this for sale in my Etsy shop....not sure that will happen though.  It's just so cute I think it needs to hang from my mantel.  Guess I'll have to do another one to sell. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a great day!


The 2nd photo is to show the dimension the rosettes added not just how many pop dots I like to use.
So just pretend you don't see all of those because I do use a bunch.

You can find this banner in the following challenges:

Kaboodle Doodles -- Anything but a square
Fantabulous Cricut Challenges -- ABC's 123's
Bitten by the Bug2 -- Anything fall
Craftin' Desert Divas -- Autumn/fall
Crafty Sentiments Designs -- Autumn/fall colors
Craft Your Passion -- Autumn colors
ABC Challenges -- V is for very cute
Country View Crafts -- Layers

23 comments:

  1. I am loving this cute "boo" banner!! I love the cute rosettes and the letters you used for the banner! Great fall project for a fall holiday! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Roberta !!! I love it ! I wouldn't be able to let it go either !!!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card love the image. Thank you for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles challenge and good luck. Sharon DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love this banner. I really enjoyed the close up. I love the rosettes. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, The rosettes look gorgeous as well as adding the depth you wanted, your definitely right, this is definitely a keeper :)
    x

    My blog: Little Pear Tree
    DT for Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
    My Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cuuuute! Love the dimension this has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun banner! I really like the rosette and all the layers it has, it has terrific dimension! Thanks for joining FCCB's ABC ~ 123 challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous banner!! Love the rosettes and colors. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Fall' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME banner! I LOVE it! The rosettes are awesome, but I especially love the BOO!!! Thanks for joining us over at FCCB this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. This came out great. Thanks for joining us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I love this darling BOO banner!!! This is so cute! Love your papers, design, everything!! Thank you for joining us at BBTB2 this week.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this very creative project Roberta! The rosettes and the elevated letters give it "weight" and really give a three letter banner some presence - well done toots! Thank you for sharing your project in the “Autumn Colors” Challenge at Craft Your Passion.
    ~ginny
    Design Team - Craft Your Passion
    RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! im very impressed! this is beautiful!

    Thank you for participating in CYP challenge!
    Kat
    Craft Your Passion DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty project. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is AWESOME!!!
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute!!! great idea!Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's We hope that you will join us again for the next linky party!

    CDD DT Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this banner!!! I like all the layers. The rosettes really set them off. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this banner! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Fall/Autumn“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.
    Ro Donner, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I love this, awesome work on this banner! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great project idea! I just love this! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge! I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. There's certainly lots of layers on your fabulous banner. Thanks for sharing it at Country View Crafts September Challenge.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...